SRW to Sue Idaho to Protect Wild Steelhead
On October 9, 2018, five conservation including Snake River Waterkeeper organizations sent notice to Idaho Governor Butch Otter, Idaho Fish and wildlife Commission Chair Derek Attebury, members of the Commission, and to the Idaho Department of Fish and Game Director Virgil Moore and several Deputy’s of our intent to sue these officials for violations of the federal Endangered Species Act regarding the authorization and implementation of fisheries that harm ESA-listed Snake River Steelhead.
Attached below are the following documents:
1. 60-day Notice of Intent to Sue letter dated October 9
2. Press Release from the organizations
3. Frequently Asked Questions Backgrounder with Columbia & Snake River Steelhead Timeline
4. Regional Resources About Steelhead
5. Contact Information Sheet